- Furniture, clothing & other items accepted on an as-needed basis.
- Only new and laundered items can be accepted at the Homeless Services Center.
- USED clothing must be dropped at A-SPAN donation bins prior to being sent to the Homeless Services Center.
- Used clothing may be delivered to:
- Pio Pio Chicken 3300 Wilson Blvd, Arlington, VA 22201
- Shell Gas 6717 Old Dominion Drive, McLean, VA 22101
- Exxon Gas 2720 South Glebe Road, Arlington, VA 22206
- YMCA 3422 13th St N, Arlington, VA 22201
- Saint Phillip’s Church 7500 Saint Phillips Court, Falls Church, VA 22042
- Falls Church Recycling Center 217 Gordon Rd, Falls Church VA 22046
For your convenience, items may be purchased at A-SPAN’s Amazon Registry, and they will be shipped directly to us.
Current Client Needs:
- NEW Socks
- Winter-wear (gloves, scarfs, beanies, long-johns)
- NEW Underwear
- NEW Bras
- White T-Shirts
- Tennis Shoes & Boots
- White Socks
- Large Sized Underwear
- Soap/Body Wash
- Gold Bond Powder
- Oral Hygiene (toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, mouthwash)
- Metro Cards (to help clients get to and from appointments and work)
- Target (to help recently housed clients get items for their new home)
**Occasionally we have needs for our recently housed clients. When they transition into housing, they rely on in-kind donations to help make their house a home.
- Dishes (cups, bowls, plates, silverware)
- Cleaning Supplies
- Paper Towels
- Shower Liner/Curtain/Hooks
- Toilet Paper
- Bathroom Rugs
- Hygienic Supplies
- NEW Queen size sheets & blankets
DONATION GUIDELINES ~ DONATION DO’s & DON’Ts
- Call ahead before making a donation (703) 228-7803
- Donate new clothing.
- Donate ADULT sized clothing.
- If clothing is gently used and laundered, drop off at an A-SPAN clothing bin. Click here for donation bin locations.
- Check with A-SPAN to determine standards for donating furniture
- Leave items unattended outside the center.
- Donate broken or soiled items.
- Donate kid’s clothing. A-SPAN works with the single adult population.
- Give items that have been recalled, banned, or do not meet current safety standards. For more information, visit the Consumer Product Safety Commission (www.cpsc.gov)