Opportunity Place (OP)
Opportunity Place is the hub of operations at A-SPAN where homeless people have access to a wide range of wraparound services. A-SPAN is unique in that our services are low barrier, as clients are not required to produce identification, sign a service agreement or engage in case management to access them.
Programs include street outreach, case management, employment counseling, the Permanent Supportive Housing Program, and the Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-housing Program. Opportunity Place programs are designed to assist clients in addressing their personal barriers to self-sufficiency with the support of staff and volunteers.
At Opportunity Place, people can:
- Take a shower
- Do their laundry
- Use the phone or mailing address to connect with loved ones or to apply for a job or benefits
- Sit with a case manager
- See the Employment Case Manager for assistance with a resume, job or life skills, or a job search
- Get a referral to mental health or substance abuse treatments
- Get a referral for medical, eye, or dental care
- Seek assistance with eviction prevention or housing
Opportunity Place is located in the Shirlington area of Arlington County at 2708 S. Nelson Street on the second floor. 703-820-HELP (4357).
Walk-In Hours: 1 to 5 PM, Monday through Thursday
Appointment Hours: 9 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday
For further information about Opportunity Place programs, contact Leonard Chari at 703-842-0152 or email@example.com.
See our Street Guide to Emergency Resources for Homeless Individuals in Arlington County for additional help.