A-SPAN’s vision is to end homelessness in Arlington County.
A-SPAN’s mission is to secure permanent housing and provide life-sustaining services for Arlington’s most vulnerable individuals through outreach and relationships built on trust and respect.
- We believe in the inherent dignity of all individuals.
- We believe that all people deserve to be treated with respect regardless of sex, race, nationality, economic status, sexual orientation, religion, educational level and all other things that threaten to separate us from one another.
- We believe that housing is a right and that safe, sanitary housing must be available to all.
- We believe that mental illness and substance abuse are both diseases and that sufficient treatment should be available to treat the diseases and restore health to the victims.
- We believe that every individual who is able to work should have an opportunity to work and receive a wage sufficient to provide for the basic necessities of life.
- We believe that when people are given the opportunities needed to succeed, most of them will succeed and some will excel.
We will treat each person with dignity, work with him/her for as long as it takes, and never give up.