For your convenience, items may be purchased at A-SPAN’s Amazon Registry, and they will be shipped directly to us.
COVID-19 Client Needs:
- Protein bars
- Hand sanitizer
- Alcohol wipes
- Clorox wipes
- Metro Cards (to help clients get to and from appointments and work)
- Target (to help recently housed clients get items for their new home)
- Due to COVID-19 we are not currently accepting clothing donations at the Homeless Services Center.
- Household items, clothing & other items accepted on an as-needed basis.
- Only new and laundered items can be accepted at the Homeless Services Center.
- USED clothing must be dropped at A-SPAN donation bins prior to being sent to the Homeless Services Center.
DONATION GUIDELINES ~ DONATION DO’s & DON’Ts
- Call ahead before making a donation (703) 228-7803
- Donate new clothing.
- Donate ADULT sized clothing.
- If clothing is gently used and laundered, drop off at an A-SPAN clothing bin. Click here for donation bin locations.
- Check with A-SPAN to determine standards for donating furniture
- Leave items unattended outside the center.
- Donate broken or soiled items.
- Donate kid’s clothing. A-SPAN works with the single adult population.
- Give items that have been recalled, banned, or do not meet current safety standards. For more information, visit the Consumer Product Safety Commission (www.cpsc.gov)
Used clothing may be delivered to:
- Shell Gas 6717 Old Dominion Drive, McLean, VA 22101
- Shell Gas 1350 Chain Bridge Road, McLean, VA 22101
- Shell Gas 8020 Leesburg Pike, Vienna, VA 22182
- Exxon Gas 2720 S Glebe Road, Arlington, VA 22201
- YMCA 3422 13th Street N, Arlington, VA 22201
- Rite Aid 1003 W Broad Street, Falls Church, VA 22046
- Falls Church Recycling Center 217 Gordon Rd, Falls Church, VA 22046
- St. Phillips Church 7500 Saint Phillips Court, Falls Church, VA 22042
- St. Luke’s 7628 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church VA